Monday, March 5, 2012

Race the Bar

I'm a runner. Well, I used to be. I ran my first (and so far only) marathon and ran a sub-25min 5k in Mid 2009 after running for five years. Then marriage, grad school, and two or three moves kinda squelched that habit. I kept it up here or there, but I've been searching for a reason to really get back into it.

Well, I found it!!! Race the Bar in the Triad! (http://www.1075kzl.com/Race-The-Bar-Home/11505416) These events combine two of my favorite things: running and beer and best of all, it highlights some great local beer!

From their website: "We invite everyone, including those who can run a 5K like they're standing still, those who'd rather be drinking, and those somewhere in between to participate in this series of races that just so happen to begin and end at great bars and restaurants around the Triad"
I believe I fall in the "those somewhere in between" category. And I'm really looking forward to these races! I love that they build from 5k to 15k (my favorite distance).

Anyone else interested? I set up a dailymile.com account if anyone wants to train "together".

I'm aware that it's a little late for a non-runner to get up to 5k distance, but you can still start now, walk part of the first one and then really get ramped up for the 8k May 12th.

The first one is March 24th - 3pm - and features beer from Carolina Brewery

So who's in?

No comments:

Post a Comment